Wednesday 24 July 2013

Beware of resident...

If a man does not keep pace with his companions,
Perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer.
Let him step to the music which he hears,
However measured or far away.-Henry David Thoreau

For a LONG time I have felt like an alien, like an outcast and even at times the forgotten one.
But those days are over now.I have seen the light and I will not stray from it.
But let me just reflect on those times...
I remember being pushed aside like my thoughts and feelings didn't matter.
I remember being picked on for all the small things, the obvious things like being over weight, acne you name it.And by the most unlikely people too.
I remember being shut up and told to sit pretty.
I was told maybe if I relaxed my hair I would finally be pretty.
I was told I was nothing and a nobody when I longed for was to be somebody, something more than this, to have someone to call a friend.
I tried it many times, but because of the great wall I had built up no one would come in.
''Beware of resident.'' 
THE SIGN READ.
But honestly something amazing happened to me it came and it hit me, one Thursday night when I was 16. That all this isolation taught me one thing that I can quite capable of motivating myself and that I hear this drumming sound off in the distance(metaphorically speaking) that is undeniable and it has such a unique sound. I am truly grateful for it. And that's nothing to ashamed of !


xoxoxo
Heart Follower

No comments:

Post a Comment