Sunday 26 January 2014

Our deepest insecurities reveal our greatest gifts


When we understand our lives through the lens of our gifts it’s as if we have removed those dusty glasses  and really see stuff for the first time. All of a sudden, things make sense.When we express and embrace every part of our being, we become authentic, we may either be loved or scorned for this because not everyone is comfortable with honesty because of their own perception of how people ''should'' be. When we  see the real picture and not the image we perpetuate, the moving, human story of what matters most to us. We begin to understand that our biggest mistakes, our most self-sabotaging behaviours were simply convulsive, unskilled attempts to express the deepest parts of ourselves.
 Embrace your originality nonetheless. Personally I would rather be who I am and if people choose to accept me cool if not then I honor their inability to handle my truth. It's all good. Many times we don't realise that our deepest insecurities reveal our deepest strengths. For me my deepest insecurity was my sensitivity and my obsessiveness, until I realised that my sensitivity was what allowed me to connect, relate and empathise with  people and my obsessiveness was really me being fiercely passionate about what I am doing. In essence, the moment I stopped believing that I needed fixing, that my behaviours where wrong, I stepped into security. Being secure in myself, knowing that this was not something that needed fixing that being this way was my true strength I begun stepping in to my own skin instead of hiding it. I began embracing my strength as well as the shame it once bore and turned it into my greatest asset.What is your deepest strength?

xoxoxo
Heart Follower 

No comments:

Post a Comment